Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I'm still working on the "money" part...

A woman must have money and a room of her own if she is to write fiction.

I have moved into a one-bedroom mother-in-law apartment in Milwaukie. It is only the second time in my life I have lived alone, not since the second half of senior year in college, when I lived in what my family still refers to as "The Crawlspace."

This is much more spacious, and for half as much. The landlords - an older couple - have been appraised of the drums and rocking out and so forth, and thus far seem okay with it. I'm not sure if the place merits a nickname. I think I shall call it "This Land." ("I think we should call it YOUR GRAVE.")

So. A new decade ~begins~.

The Law of Godfather Montages dictates that I must mention a death to pair my rebirth, so I hereby take a moment to mourn the passing of DAR: A Super Girly Top Secret Comic Diary. It sounds like the artist Erika Moen is moving on to new projects, so brava; still, I'll miss the comic. Moen was always so open with her life, and I appreciated that she called herself a dyke who happened to be married to a man. Down with restrictive labels, dammit!

I've decided to try to do more with this blog, so I'm going to start using it as my reader-response page for whatever comics I'm currently reading. So, look for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment